Call for Nominations
The Climbing Wall Association (CWA) Board of Directors is seeking nominations and applications to fill three to four open Board seats. The Board consists of up to 12 members for terms of three years. Nominations for membership must be made with the nominee’s knowledge and consent. Applications for Board membership must be made in writing to the CWA office in Boulder, Colorado. Knowledge of and experience in non-profit governance, management, finance, government affairs, law, and the climbing industry are assets and will be considered in the selection process. New Board members will be selected by a vote of the current Board members.
Board Selection Criteria:
- Current CWA membership not required, but preferred;
- Sufficient knowledge and experience to be an active and productive member of this non-profit board of directors;
- Ability to work constructively within a trade organization representing diverse business and member interests with integrity, fairness, and professionalism;
- Ability to meet the legal, fiduciary and ethical requirements of a non-profit board member;
- An identified area of expertise in a field or discipline needed for the management of a non-profit organization;
Working knowledge of the current range of issues facing the manufactured climbing wall industry or related industries;
- Organizational/Institutional support for your participation;
- Ability to raise funds or otherwise attract resources in support of the CWA and its mission;
- Ability to attend periodic meetings of the Board;
- Ability to complete Board work on time; and
- Ability to promote the CWA enthusiastically.
Please contact Garnet Moore for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-838-8284. If you would like to speak with a member of our Board, you can find a listing HERE. Please forward all completed application materials to the CWA at:
Climbing Wall Association, Inc.
Attn: Board Application
6672 Gunpark Drive, Suite 101
Boulder, CO 80301.