Do you have experience, passion, and knowledge in the indoor climbing industry? Are you interested in sharing your expertise with the CWA community? We want to hear from you!
The CWA is a trade association dedicated to protecting, connecting, and educating the indoor climbing industry. We provide resources to help indoor climbing professionals do their jobs better and share information with one another.
We’re looking for thought leaders who are willing to share leading edge thinking, best practices, innovations, and information about the latest industry trends. We strongly encourage content submissions from our members and other business experts.
If you’d like to be featured on the CWA website, submit your content for consideration. But before you do, please review the guidelines below.
What We’re Looking for
We’re seeking diverse and knowledgeable voices and experiences to feature on the CWA blog and in publications. We want content from business experts, gym owners, gym managers, routesetters, coaches, program managers, and other industry professionals who are passionate about advancing the indoor climbing industry.
Here are some examples of the types of writers we want to work with:
- Are you a CWA member and/or professional working in the indoor climbing industry?
- Have you attended a CWA event and had positive impacts on your business or professional development as a result?
- Do you have specific best practices or tips to share?
- Do you have a unique outlook on an issue facing the indoor climbing industry?
If any of these apply to you, we want to hear from you!
What We Publish
We share content that is helpful, relevant, and actionable for indoor climbing industry professionals. Think of information and resources that have been helpful in your professional life. The CWA is a great place to share lessons learned, tips, and anything that could help make someone else’s business a little more successful.
Please review these guidelines, which are here to help you understand what is expected of our contributors. If you feel like your content and style match our needs, we look forward to reviewing your submission.
- Complete Content. Please submit only complete works, rather than outlines or pitches. The CWA will not consider partially completed works. If you’d like guidance on a topic or article idea, please email Jake Byk, Marketing Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No Sales Pitches. Please do not submit content that is promotional in any way. Any content that contains promotional elements or advertising will be considered for publication as part of the Sponsored Content program.
- Word Count. Optimal article length is between 500 and 900 words, though longer pieces will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Type of Content. Here are some examples of the types of content we encourage:
- How-to’s … answer not only the “how” but the “why” something is important
- Instructional articles
- Articles that discuss a challenge and offer a solution
- Numbered list-type articles
- Quick hits of information
- Straightforward information
- Tips and best practices for people to improve their gym operations
- Anecdotes with some humor
- Success stories
- Engaging infographics relevant to those interested in the indoor climbing industry
- Be Positive and Actionable. This is a positive space, so keep your tone upbeat and focus on creating an actionable resource that can help create change and progress in the industry. We want to share articles that are helpful and inspiring.
- CWA Mission. We will not share articles that are not aligned with the CWA mission of supporting the growth, health, independence, and professionalism of the indoor climbing industry.
- Grammar, Spelling, and Style. Your writing must display a solid command of English grammar and spelling. Please follow AP Style Guide for specifics. Your content must also be clearly written and easy to follow.
- No Promises. We cannot promise publication until we have a chance to review a submission.
- Terms and Conditions. By submitting your article for consideration, you are giving us: 1) rights to publish your content, and 2) permission to make adjustments to your content as our team sees fit.
Ready to Write? Here’s How to Submit
Please complete the submission form for your article to be considered for publication. We’ll respond to you ONLY if your article has been accepted. Please make sure the file is a Word document, and make sure to attach any photos you may have (and have rights to) that accompany your article.
- Include your full name and short bio. Optimal length for a bio is 50-70 words, max length is 100 words. Feel free to include up to two relevant links to your professional website or biography.
- Include an image of yourself for the About the Author section. Images should be at least 500x500 in size, have a clean background, and there should be some space around the main subject, without any parts of the head or shoulders cut off.
- Please note that we reserve the right to edit your article to best suit our style and audience. This includes the possibility of editing or removing links within the article.
Thank you for your interest in helping us engage this thriving community of indoor climbing professionals! We are looking forward to reading your submissions.