CWI Level 3 - Virtual Course for new CWI Candidates
CWI Levels 1,2 and 3 Combined Certification Virtual Course
This course will be delivered 100% online.
Designed for folks with no previous CWI certification, the CWI Level 1, 2 and Level 3 courses offer CWI candidates an introduction to the following:
- Creating a welcoming client experience
- Risk management when montoring climbing activities; bouldering, auto belay use, top rope and lead climbing
- Advanced instructional skills for instructing bouldering, auto belay use, top rope and lead climbing
- CWI Certification Program Standards for bouldering, auto belay use, top rope and lead climbing
Make sure that you meet all of the prerequisites listed on the right.
Check the refund policy at the end of the page.
Steps to earn your Level 3 Certification
There are no grace periods given for the below assignments.
- Complete the entire Level 1 and Level 2 courses
- Complete all 3 interactive lessons for Level 3
- Complete an online quiz with a score of at least 80%
- Attend 2 virtual meetings with your Provider
- Upload a video demonstrating your lead climbing technique
- Upload a video of your lead belay technique
- Refund request 30 in advance of the start date, 95% of total course cost is given.
- Refund request 14 in advance of the start date, 75% of the total course cost is given.
- Refund requests within 14 days of the start date, are reviewed and at the discretion of the organization.
- 18 years of age or older
- 40 lead climbing outings
- Ability to lead climb 5.9
*If you do not meet the prerequisites, please contact the course provider prior to registration.
- June 2 course registration opens
- June 28 online course content becomes available
- Mandatory course virtual classroom meetings:
- July 18th, 10 AM Mountain Time
- July 20th, 10 AM Mountain Time
- July 18th Video uploads due
- July 21-27 Individual Exit interviews.