Climbing Wall Instructor Certification Course
This course will be delivered 100% online and will require you to review instruction material online, take a virtual exam, join an online discussion group with the other course participants, and submit videos of you climbing and teaching. You can register for either a top rope or a combination top rope and lead endorsement
Make sure that you meet all of the prerequisites listed below before enrolling. Failure to meet any of the prerequisites will prevent you from receiving a certification. After enrolling in this course you will be given access to:
- The CWI student manual
- CWI Policy documents
- The online course webpage.
Make sure that you have access to a climbing wall and a video recording device (such as a smart phone) prior to registering.
You can add an optional lead endorsement to your certification to recieve the highest level of CWI certification. If you select the optional lead endorsement you will only need to provide a video of you lead climbing and belaying.
The course will open on September 9th and close on September 30th. After the course is closed you will schedule a 15 minute exit interview prior to receiving your certification. Certificates will be provided as PDFs by email following successful completion of the course.
*There are no grace periods given for the below due dates
- September 9th Application materials uploaded
- September 9th Climbing and belay video due
- September 17th Written exam due
- September 21st 10am MT - Mandatory group discussion
- September 24th Teaching video due
- September 27th-30th Individual exit interviews
- The candidate will be at least 18 years of age by the conclusion of the course. (Note: persons less than 18 years of age may audit the course and will not receive certification but will receive a letter of completion.)
- The candidate can demonstrate basic climbing movement skills. The candidate can climb 5.8 top rope demonstrating calm, confidence, and good position without falls.
- The candidate can climb 5.7 lead demonstrating calm, confidence, and good position without z-clips, back clips, or falls (optional: for lead endorsement only).
- The candidate has or is provided with appropriate equipment in good condition.
- The candidate can demonstrate proper care, use, and inspection of climbing equipment.
- The candidate can demonstrate proficient belay technique.
A calendar invite will be sent to your email with a link to the course website
Event Starts: September 9th