CWI Provider Certification Course - Utah
This course is for certified CWI Lead Instructors or a Provider who has lapsed for more than one year. If you are unsure of your status contact us at email@example.com.
Self directed online training, including a written test will occur prior to the in-person meeting and online sessions will occur on zoom the week after the in person meeting including 2 separate 2-hour Zoom meetings. The in-person training will be a full 9-hour day at The Front Climbing Club in Salt Lake City, Utah. After completing all online materials and the in-person assessment, certificates will be provided as PDFs by email.
Make sure that you meet all of the prerequisites listed below before enrolling. Failure to meet any of the prerequisites will prevent you from receiving certification. You will use the CWI student manual, CWI policy documents, and the online course webpage to complete this course.
- Current membership in the CWA (provider or provider’s employer).
- 21 years of age.
- Current first aid and CPR (for example, American Red Cross Basic - 5.5 to 6.5 hours, or equivalent).
- A résumé or other document showing a minimum of 200 hours of work experience as a climbing instructor, showing expertise in indoor climbing settings.
- Current CWA Certified Climbing Wall Instructor with a lead endorsement.
- Two non-related professional references, including contact information and phone number.
- A signed agreement and attestation on file.
- Proof of insurance
*There are no grace periods given for the below due dates
January 6th, 2023: Application materials uploaded
January 8th, 2023: Self-Directed Learning Due
Online learning must be completed by end of the day. There is a written review you must complete.
January 9th, 2023: On-Location Assessment
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. MT | The Front
January 17th & 19th, 2023: Mandatory Online Group Discussion
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. MT | All virtual
January 23rd - 27th, 2023: Exit Interviews
By Appointment | All virtual
- Refund request 30 in advance of the start date, 95% of total course cost is given.
- Refund request 14 in advance of the start date, 75% of the total course cost is given.
- Refund requests within 14 days of the start date, are reviewed and at the discretion of the organization.
Refund requests are directed to Heather@cwapro.org
First Online Discussion Date and Time: January 17, 2023 | 10:00 am MT
Second Online Discussion Date and Time: January 19, 2023 | 10:00 am MT