CWI Provider - Phoenix
CWI Provider Certification
This course contains online and in-person elements.
The CWI Provider course trains candidates to do the following:
- Assess the climbing technical skills
- Assess interpersonal skills
- Assess risk management knowledge and skills
- Coach CWI Candidates to be exemplary Climbing Wall Instructors
Make sure that you meet all of the prerequisites listed on the right.
Check the refund policy at the end of the page.
Steps to earn your CWI Provider Certification
There are no grace periods given for the below assignments.
- Complete all 3 interactive lessons
- Complete an online quiz with a score of at least 80%
- Attend a virtual meeting with your Provider
- Attend an in-person assessment with your Provider
- Refund request 30 days in advance of the start date, 95% of total course cost is given.
- Refund request 14 days in advance of the start date, 75% of the total course cost is given.
- Refund requests within 14 days of the start date, are reviewed and at the discretion of the organization.
REQUIRED VIRTUAL CALLS & DEADLINES
- Tue., Jan. 12 Course registration closes
- Course virtual classroom meetings - Two hours in length:
- Fri., Jan. 12, 10am-12pm MT
- Fri., Jan. 19, 10am-12pm MT
- Wed., Jan. 24, 10am-12pm MT
- Mon., Jan. 15, 9am-5pm In-person training, Alta Climbing and Fitness - Gilbert
- Thu., Jan. 25 to Fri., Feb. 2 Individual Exit interviews
- Current membership in the CWA (provider or provider’s employer)
- 21 years of age or older
- Current first aid and CPR (for example, American Red Cross Basic - 5.5 to 6.5 hours, or equivalent)
- Current CWA CWI Level 3*
- Two non-related professional references, including contact information and phone number
*If you do not have a CWI Level 3, but hold a similar certification from another recognized organization, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.