Virtual CWI Certification Course
This course will be delivered 100% online.
The CWI Certification Course reviews information pertinent for indoor climbing wall instructors including: facility and industry practices, orientations, facility and equipment inspections, care and use, professionalism, risk management, and elements key to teaching and learning. If this course is right for you, follow these steps.STEP 1: Make sure that you meet all of the prerequisites listed below before enrolling. Check the refund policy at the end of the page.
- You must be at least 18 years of age by the conclusion of the course.
- You must demonstrate the ability to climb 5.8 top rope.
- You must demonstrate the ability to climb 5.7 lead (for lead endorsement only).
- Demonstrates the use of both a passive and an active belay devices.
- Ensure you have access to a climbing wall and a video recording device (such as a smartphone) before registering.
STEP 2: Register for the appropriate endorsement. Upload the online application. Instruction materials are now available to you.
STEP 3: Check your registration confirmation email or log into your CWA account and look for events on the left side to access your event page.
STEP 4: Prepare your videos. Submit videos of you climbing and belaying
STEP 5: Participate in the self-directed video and review online.
STEP 6: Participate in the 3 virtual learning calls. Complete the homework.
STEP 7: Schedule and attend your exit interview with an instructor.
After enrolling in this course you will be given access to:
- CWI student manual and additional course tools
- CWI Policy documents andassessment tool
- Online course webpage
The course will open on September 16th and close on September 23rd.
Bookings for exit interviews will open September 21st.
Certificates will be provided as PDFs by email following successful completion of the course.
There are no grace periods given for the below due dates.
- September 16: Application materials uploaded
- 10:00 am MT, September 19: Self Directed learning completed
- 10:00 am MT, September 19: Written review due
- 10:00 am MT - 12:00 pm, September 19: Mandatory group discussion
- September 21: Climbing and belay video due
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm MT, September 21: Mandatory group discussion
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm MT, September 23: Mandatory group discussion (Lead Candidates Only)
- September 26 -- September 30: Individual exit interviews
Refund request 30 days in advance of start date, 95% of total course cost is given.
- Refund request 14 days in advance of start date, 75% of total course cost is given.
- Refund request within 14 days of start date, are reviewed and at the discretion of the organization.
- Refund requests are directed to the Education Program Consultant: email@example.com
10:00 am -- 12:00 pm MT, September 19: First Online Discussion
10:00 am -- 12:00 pm MT, September 21: Second Online Discussion
10:00 am -- 12:00 pm MT, September 23: Third Online Discussion