Virtual Lead Instructor Certification
Level 3 CWI Certification
The CWA is excited to launch our new Bouldering Instructor Certification a prerequisite for the Top Rope Certification. Top Rope Certification is a prerequisite for the Lead Certification.
This course will be delivered 100% online.
The CWI Certification Course reviews information pertinent for indoor climbing wall instructors including: facility and industry practices, orientations, facility and equipment inspections, care and use, professionalism, risk management, and elements key to teaching and learning.
If this course is right for you, follow these steps.
STEP 1: Make sure that you meet all of the prerequisites listed below before enrolling. Check the refund policy at the end of the page.
- You must be at least 18 years of age by the conclusion of the course.
- You must lead climb 5.9 and have lead belay experience.
- More than 40 outings climbing and belaying in the past 12 months
- Completed Level 2 CWI Top Rope Instructor Certification
STEP 2: Register for the appropriate endorsement. Upload the online application. Instruction materials are now available to you.
STEP 3: Check your registration confirmation email or log into your CWA account and look for events on the left side to access your event page.
STEP 4: Prepare your videos. Submit videos of you climbing and belaying
STEP 5: Participate in the self-directed video and review online.
STEP 6: Participate in the 3 virtual learning calls. Complete the homework.
STEP 7: Schedule and attend your exit interview with an instructor.
After enrolling in this course you will be given access to:
- CWI student manual and additional course tools
- CWI Policy documents and assessment tool
- Online course webpage
The course will open on January 20th and close on January 31st.
Bookings for exit interviews will open on January 20th.
Certificates will be provided as PDFs by email following the successful completion of the course.
There are no grace periods given for the below due dates.
- January 20th: Application materials uploaded
- 10 am MT, January 23: Self-direct learning and review completed
- 10 am MT January 23: Mandatory group discussion
- 10 am MT January 25: Mandatory group discussion
- January 25: Required video uploaded
- 10 am MT January 27: Mandatory group discussion
- January 27: Bouldering Certification Quiz due
- January 27- February 3: Exit Interview
Note: Times indicated are Mountain Time (MT)
- Refund request 30 in advance of start date, 95% of total course cost is given.
- Refund request 14 in advance of start date, 75% of total course cost is given.
- Refund request within 14 days of start date, are reviewed and at the discretion of the organization.
Refund requests are directed to Heather@cwapro.org
10:00 am MT - 12:00 pm, January 23: Mandatory group discussion
10:00 am MT - 12:00 pm, January 25: Mandatory group discussion
10:00 am MT - 12:00 pm, January 27: Mandatory group discussion