Member Benefits: Commercial Climbing gyms
Benefits specifically for owners, operators, and employees of indoor climbing gyms.
Climbing Gyms are the lifeblood of the CWA
You are part of the largest segment of the Climbing Wall Association's membership.
Why You Belong
Below are a small selection of hand-picked resources and reasons that you belong in the Climbing Wall Association.
- Business and Health Insurance
Through two unique programs, the CWA helps protect both your business, and your employees. With a membership to the CWA, members get access to Monument Sports Insurance or ClimbInsure, which can help with virtually any issue in the industry. We also recently launched a health insurance program with our partners at Roundstone and Fred C. Church, which you also get access to.
- Industry Practices and Risk Management Resources
Various committees, brought together by the CWA, inform safety standards as well as operational best practices. Anything from auto belay guidance to one-on-one help with standards in your gym, the CWA has the knowledge pool and muscle to help you find your way.
- Staff Certifications – Climbing Wall Instructor and Work at Height Certifications.
Our certifications are recognized around the world for safety standards and education. The Climbing Wall Association works with gyms across the globe to facilitate these important classes that educate climbing wall workers. Learn more about them.
- ClimbSmart Education Campaign
The ClimbSmart Education Campaign is specifically designed for your members. From health standards to auto-belay safety, the CWA designed and produced high-quality posters educating your members.
Commercial climbing gyms are broken into the following 'Job Functions' under the Climbing Gym 'Business Type'. These are how we categorize different members of the climbing gym family.
- Gym Owner
- Programs (any level)
- Routesetter (any level)
- Gym Manager/Senior Manager
Photos: The Front Climbing Club, The Spot, Movement RiNo,
Don't Miss Out: CWA Summit
The CWA Summit is an opportunity whether you're thinking of opening a gym or opening your fifth location. From networking to education to vendor/supplier buying, it's the premier event of the industry. Being a member gives you access to even more resources ahead of and after the Summit. You get exclusive member pricing by being part of the CWA community.
- The CWA Summit is attended by gyms big and small, across the globe. Learn from your peers, make new friends, and grow your professional network.
- The CWA Summit is attended by vendors from all corners of the indoor climbing gym. Whether looking for unique holds, walls, or something entirely more unique, you can find a connection, and come home with the resources you need.
- The CWA Summit has education sessions for every avenue of the indoor climbing industry. Routesetters, program managers, upper management; we have it all. Come with your ears open and eyes sharp, and leave with new tactics and inspiration for your community.
Benefits For All
Below is a list of the other range of benefits afforded to all members of the CWA. The CWA is a place for everyone to grow and sustain their benefits. We serve our members and work hard with the tools we have, and are always adding more reasons to be part of the community across the globe furthering the interests of indoor climbers.
All Your Benefits
- 5% off Wholesale on Nicros resin Handholds & Training Tools
- Wholesale on Entre Prises USA climbing holds
- 15% discount on Atomik climbing holds
- 5% discount on Bron route tape
- 12% discount on any direct boulder order from Rock Craft
- 2 months of free consulting from Merchant Advocate
- Access to partner pricing with Dominion Payroll
- Access to Outdoorprolink.com for all member's full-time employees
- Discounted background checks through S2Verify
Member Pricing on CWA Events
- CWA Summit
- Paid webinars
- Archive of paid webinars through the CWA Community Hub
- Special member pricing on CWA Certifications like Climbing Wall Instructor and Provider, including emerging courses like the CWA Intro to Routesetting Course
Member Pricing on Industry Research
- Industry Reports
- Indoor Climber Survey Summary Report
- Archival data on CWA's Road to Recovery reporting from 2020-2021
Member Pricing on CWA Publications
- CWA Climbing Gym Business Plan Creation
- Guide to Visitor Agreements
- CWA Industry Practices
- CWA Engineering Specifications
- ClimbSmart! Posters
New members receive a publication of their choice. Upon each renewal, members can select one new publication of their choice.
- Gym startup advice
- Access to cost-effective risk-management consulting and training services
- Support, advocacy, and lobbying initiatives on regulatory issues that affect you. Explore the following articles to learn about how the CWA assisted in preventing a climbing gym in Washington from being shut down by runaway bureaucracy.
If your organization is already a member, you can log in or make an account to access your benefits!