Retail Webinar Series
This series provides climbing gym owners, gym managers, and retail managers with best practices to run a successful retail operation. The first two sessions focus on introductory content for folks who are new to retail or who aren’t sure if retail is right for them. The second two sessions dig deeper into best practices for more advanced programs.
How to Incorporate Retail in a Business Plan
June 2, 11am MT
This session focused on pre-opening considerations for building a retail operation by chatting with Chris Horton, a gym owner whose gym recently opened. We discussed the ways in which his vision did and did not jive with reality, and how he incorporated that reality into his business plan.
- Learn if retail is right for your business plan.
- Learn what to expect if you include retail in your business plan – budgeting, time investment, and space considerations.
You Started a Retail Program, Now What?
June 16, 11am MT
Paul Guarino started with a budget of about $10K and grew retail into every aspect of programming at ASCEND, including guiding, yoga, youth, and more. Hear about ASCEND’s retail strategies, including product mix, branded merch, and sales techniques. From a gym owner that has branded everything from puzzles, to hats and shirts, to Nalgenes, to onesies for babies – learn what has worked and what hasn't.
- Learn how you can incorporate retail in all aspects of your gym.
- Learn about branded merchandise.
- Learn how ASCEND's retail program is organized and operationalized.
A Gym’s Retail Journey
June 30, 11am MT
Join us to hear about the journey Spire Climbing + Fitness went on to build their retail program. Starting from scratch with no retail program at all, Spire’s team had to overcome many challenges in order to build what is now one of the most robust retail programs in the country.
- Learn what it took for a gym that started with no retail to now have one of the most robust retail shops I've seen.
- Learn how to manage orders, pre-seasons, mark-downs, etc.
- Learn how to keep your margins high but also keep items moving off the shelves.
How To Sell Products In Your Shop
July 14, 11am MT
Are you making the most of your relationship with your sales reps? Sales reps play a key role in the world of retail and have incredible insight into what does and doesn’t work. In this session, learn from Kurt Smith, who has extensive experience building relationships with climbing gyms and other retail outlets. He’s also a great resource for moving products in the gym, so get ready to arm your staff with new skills and knowledge!
- Learn what the role of a company rep is.
- Learn how to make the most of your relationship with local reps.
- Learn how to leverage your reps to turn your staff into gear experts.
Access to on-demand recordings is included with your registration.
All Four Sessions
Member: $50 | Non-member: $75
Member: $20 | Non-member: $30
Event Dates and Times:
June 2 - 11am MT
June 16 - 11am MT
June 30 - 11am MT
July 14 - 11am MT
Calendar invites will be sent out in your confirmation email with links to join the webinars.
For More Information:
Boulder, CO 80301 720.838.8284